Join the Sports Club and get involved
Membership of Bourn Sports Club entitles you to a range of benefits:
- Unlimited personal use of the tennis courts at the Jubilee Recreation Ground in Bourn
- Free membership of British Tennis, which entitles you to the Wimbledon ballot
- Rent the newly refurbished pavilion and sports facilities (for just £25 per half day)
- Free or reduced-cost activities and coaching throughout the year – see events and calendar
To join please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 prices are £12 Junior (under 18) □ £12 Concession (students, unemployed, seniors over 65) □ £25 Adult □ £50 Family (up to 2 adults and any number of children living at the same address)
If you would like to get involved in advancing sport in our village, either as a committee member or simply to suggest and organise a new activity / competition then please use the contact form to get in touch or simply email email@example.com
Bourn Sports Club is committed to prioritising the well-being of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times, including all programmes and events we run. All activities, events and trips arranged by the club run in accordance with the LTA’s Safeguarding at Events and Competitions guidance. This Policy strives to minimise risk, deliver a positive sporting experience for everyone and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns/disclosures. For further information, please read the Safeguarding Policy and Poster. If you have any safeguarding questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our safeguarding officer, Steve Baker, who can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please book a court by using the booking sheets outside the Pavilion. Please note that only members can use the tennis courts. Please contact Gill Pountain email@example.com if you wish to court lights.
- Mini and youth tennis coaching on Sunday mornings. Contact Gill for information – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enthusiastic and energetic coach to children all ages and adult beginner/improvers, flexible hours £22 per hour -please contact Emma email@example.com
- Ladies tennis – currently taking place on a Tuesday afternoon and on a Friday morning.
- Adult and Youth teams enter local leagues in the summer.
- All-weather practice pitch.
- Five-a-side football – on Thursday evenings (and under lights on darker nights).
- Monthly junior football on a Saturday — please do let us know if your son or daughter might be interested.
- Boxing Day Football for all the family!
- Giles Nelson (Chairman)
- Joy Naylor (Vice Chairman)
- Matthew Gregory (Secretary)
- Claire Jackson (Treasurer)
- Lottie Phillips (Membership Secretary)
- Gill Pountain (Junior Tennis Organiser)
- Steve Baker (Safeguarding Officer)
- Ben White (5-a-side football coordinator)
- James Hodgson, Gareth Jones, Rilla Molnar (Ordinary members)
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities and location
The Sports Club owns and maintains the following facilities:
- Tennis Courts
- Floodlit football
- Table tennis table
- Cricket nets and equipment
- Club house (available to rent – see Renting the club house)
The Pavilion can be found at the Jubilee playing field
Renting the club house
You can now hire the newly refurbished pavilion and sports facilities at the Jubilee Recreation Ground in Bourn. This modern facility is adjacent to the tennis courts and contains:
- Fridge and freezer
- Table Tennis table and equipment
- Seats and tables
- Toilet facilities
- Sink and food preparation area
This costs £25 per half day for members and £40 per half day for non-members.
Please contact the secretary to book your event – email email@example.com