Join the Sports Club and get involved
Membership of Bourn Sports Club entitles you to a range of benefits, including:
- Unlimited personal use of the tennis courts at the Jubilee Recreation Ground in Bourn
- Free membership of British Tennis, which entitles you to the Wimbledon ballot
- Rent the newly refurbished pavilion and sports facilities at reduced rates
- Free or reduced-cost activities and coaching throughout the year – see events and calendar
To join please email [email protected]
We have two types of membership in 2023:
Tennis membership (includes unlimited use of the tennis courts, when not prebooked for events)
- £14 Junior or concession (under 18, students, unemployed, seniors over 65)
- £28 Adult
- £56 Family (up to 2 adults and any number of children living at the same address)
Non-tennis membership (With occasional tennis court use available at £5 per hour per court (whereas non-members pay £10 per hour))
- £5 Junior or concession (under 18, students, unemployed, seniors over 65)
- £10 Adult
- £20 Family (up to 2 adults and any number of children living at the same address)
If you would like to get involved in advancing sport in our village, either as a committee member or simply to suggest and organise a new activity / competition then please use the contact form to get in touch or simply email [email protected] or [email protected]
Bourn Sports Club is committed to prioritising the well-being of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times, including all programmes and events we run. All activities, events and trips arranged by the club run in accordance with the LTA’s Safeguarding at Events and Competitions guidance. This Policy strives to minimise risk, deliver a positive sporting experience for everyone and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns/disclosures. For further information, please read the Safeguarding Policy and Poster. If you have any safeguarding questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our safeguarding officer, Steve Baker, who can be reached via [email protected].
- Members – please book the court by using the booking sheets outside the Pavilion.
- Non-members may use the courts on a pay-and-play basis for £10 per hour. Please contact Gill Pountain in advance on [email protected] or 01954 719266.
- Floodlights are free to use for members and pay-and-play non-members. Please contact Gill Pountain for information about how to use the lights on [email protected] or 01954 719266.
- Mini and youth tennis coaching on Sunday mornings. Contact Gill for information – [email protected]
- Enthusiastic and energetic coach to children all ages and adult beginner/improvers, flexible hours – please contact Emma [email protected]
- Ladies tennis – currently taking place on a Tuesday afternoon and on a Friday morning.
- Adult and Youth teams enter local leagues in the summer.
- All-weather practice pitch and recently refurbished nets.
- Social cricket for adults and older children at the nets in the summer. Contact
[email protected] if interested
- We are looking to restart weekday evening social football sessions at the recreation ground for adults and teenagers. Contact [email protected] if
- Boxing Day Football for all the family!
- Regular running group (Thursdays 6.30pm start) starting at the pavilion. Contact [email protected] if interested.
- Netball social group, for all ages and levels, although aimed at adults looking to meet people from the village and have fun! Mondays 7-8pm. Contact [email protected] if interested.
- Weekly table tennis on Tuesday evenings from 6-7pm at the pavilion. No equipment or prior experience needed. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Matt on [email protected]
- Family rounders and picnic – 30th June 2023
- Sports Day – 15th July 2023
The Sports Club is actively looking for anyone interested in helping to organise a sports activity in Bourn, from cycling groups to get fit clubs. Just get in touch with Matt on [email protected] to discuss if you are interested!
- Matt Gregory (Chairman)
- Vacant (Secretary)
- Claire Jackson (Treasurer)
- Gill Pountain (Membership Secretary)
- Gill Pountain (Tennis Rep)
- Vacant (Football rep)
- Steve Baker (Safeguarding Officer)
- James Hodgson (Ordinary Member)
- Rilla Molnar (Ordinary Member)
- Gareth Jones (Ordinary Member)
- Alex Cassidy (Ordinary Member)
- Phil Church (Ordinary Member)
- To contact us, please email [email protected]
Facilities and location
The Sports Club owns and/or maintains the following facilities:
- Floodlit Tennis Courts and tennis equipment
- Floodlit football and various football nets
- Table tennis table
- Cricket nets and cricket equipment
- Pavilion (available to hire for one-off uses or regular groups – see Renting the club house)
The Pavilion can be found at the Jubilee playing field
Renting the club house
You can now hire the newly refurbished pavilion and sports facilities at the Jubilee Recreation Ground in Bourn. This modern facility is adjacent to the tennis courts and contains:
- Fridge and freezer
- Table Tennis table and equipment
- Seats and tables
- Toilet facilities
- Sink and food preparation area
This costs £25 per half day for members and £40 per half day for non-members. We offer vastly reduced rates for regular clubs, with support to help get you off the ground – just get in touch!
Please contact the Sports Club to book your event – email [email protected]